Raise your hand if Thanksgiving drives you to drink..what?..only me? I’m not trying to sound rude but I get so bored. Thanksgiving at my family’s house is a day packed with eating and sitting. Who wants to sit and eat all day? Now I will admit that my family can throw down..all those homemade and fattening foods..mm mm mmm..but again who wants to sit and eat all day?! What makes it even crazier is that we sit but never say what we are thankful for on “Thanksgiving” (my mom has asked me to stop saying the real story behind Thanksgiving because it ruins it for her *rolls eyes*) The poor kids are usually bored and you always have to find something for them to do so they won’t go crazy. I thought of a way to put a twist to Thanksgiving that helps everyone. I also have low-fat seasonal drink recipes..wink wink.
We are getting off the couch this Thanksgiving. I am not trying to sound corny but we are going to play a gratitude game. It’s all about realizing that you have an overflow of blessings that you need to should be thankful for. Grab everyone and tell them the meaning behind the game. I hope you have a great time together! All you need are water balloons and two buckets.
- Split everyone into two teams and put a bucket by each team.
- Put water balloons by the teams
- Explain that the object of the game is to be the first team to get their bucket to overflow with water.
- Each family member must get a water balloon to their bucket without using their hands. They then have to pop it and get water in the bucket without using their hands.
- The first team to get their bucket to overflow wins!
Now on to these low-fat holiday drinks…
2 oz Vodka
¾ oz lime juice
¾ oz simple syrup
5 mint leaves
½ oz diet cranberry juice
2 oz club soda
Muddle mint, lime juice and sugar in tall glass. Add remaining ingredients to the glass with ice and stir.
1 ½ oz UV Coconut
½ oz sugar free sweetener
2 oz fresh-brewed coffee
Shake with ice and strain into a martini glass
Happy Holidays TDF Readers!!!