Eating has never been a problem of mine. Clearly right..HaHa. I usually eat something even if it’s small so that I won’t spazz out on innocent people. I know that I’m not the only one who gets cranky when I’m hungry. I can’t start my day off grouchy and weak especially as a personal trainer. My poor clients would have to pick me up off of the floor. I know everyone is super busy but eating breakfast helps us focus and make healthier decisions throughout the day. Eating breakfast boost metabolism and prevents starvation. If we aren’t starving we will properly portion control and refrain from overeating. It all comes back to our weight loss goal and fitness journey.
I have listed a couple of breakfast meal ideas below. You won’t have to do any major cooking. I kept it simple! Don’t worry!
- Breakfast smoothie
- Avocado toast
- Protein bar (careful with the sugar)
- Hard-boiled egg
- Wheat waffle & fruit
- Vegan French Toast
- 6 slices day-old ciabatta bread, sliced about ¾-inch thick
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons millet flour (or spelt or whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- tiny pinch of salt
- coconut oil, for the pan
- Powdered sugar
- Vegan butter
- Maple syrup
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, flour, nutritional yeast, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Place the bread in a shallow dish (with sides) that holds all of the bread. Pour the mixture over the bread, then lift or flip the bread over to make sure both sides are evenly coated.
- Heat a drizzle of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the bread slices and cook for a few minutes per side, until golden brown.